Why it's the Ultimate
It's the Ultimate dinosaur exhibition because :
- It's a world premiere, you're seeing it first
- It's the largest exhibition of southern dinosaurs ever mounted in North America and the largest dinosaur exhibition in the ROM's history
- We're proud it's Canadian - curated, designed and produced by the ROM together with our Canadian team of experts: illustrator Julius T. Csotonyi, technology firm Meld Media and dinosaur builders Research Casting International
- It features dinosaurs virtually unknown to North Americans – most have just been unearthed in the last 20 years and have never been displayed in Canada before
- It includes the largest dinosaur ever mounted in Canada – Futalognkosaurus- so big we had to put it in the lobby!
- It has more multi-media than any exhibition in the ROM's history, including reactive walls that use body-scanning technology
- It's the first exhibition in Canada to use Augmented Reality to bring dinosaurs to life.
Everyone's Talking About Ultimate Dinosaurs!
"Ultimate Dinosaurs, it was just amazing. 10 out of 10. It almost sent you back in time."
- (Austin, 12 years old, Burlington)
"You will be blown away."
- (Ann-Marie, ROM Visitor, Toronto)
"The AR stuff is great. There's a simulation of the skin; dinosaurs will actually turn and look at you if you tap them on certain parts of their body."
- (Mathew, ROM Visitor, Toronto)
"...like no other dinosaur exhibit you will have ever experienced! So add it to your 'MUST SEE' list."
- Sonya Davis, Urbanmoms.ca
"Bringing dinosaurs into the 21st century"
- CTV Express
"... the ROM designed this exhibit very well and pulled out all the interactivity stops."
- From GeekDad, a column by Brad Moon in Wired Magazine
"Like a reverse x-ray machine, people...come face-to-face with what the beasts might have looked like in their full flesh and textured glory.
- National Post
"...deliver(s) a wow-factor"
- From Tech Life, Kris Abel's blog, CTV News website